Pages

Monday, December 16, 2013

Winter Vegetables: Kale

Kale is really an all star vegetable right now. It's super popular, and in your face, but I feel like in order to eat this veggie, you have to make it work for you. I see tons of recipes pairing it with all sorts of things, which is great. But I find that I have better luck using new produce when I integrate it in recipes I already know and love.

Once you have your kale cut in manageable portions (or bites) and cleaned of its thick tough stems, you can do anything with it. 

I like to pan sear kale in garlic and olive oil for a minute and then cover and let the steam cook it all the way through.  If I don't pan sear it, I soften it in boiling water for a few minutes- not too long; you don't want the water leeching the nutrients!

Kabocha over warmed Kale with Parmesan and Sunflower Seeds


No comments:

Post a Comment