Pages

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Succulents: Repurpose Project

It's finally spring here and the sun is shining in all it's glory! It makes me want to get out and garden. In a few days we will have moved in to our new home, and I will be landscaping the yard.


While paint shopping at Home Depot, I mosied on over to the garden section and was super excited to find very tiny succulent & cacti specimens. I decided now was as good a time as any to work on this project (or at least buy some cute plants!!!)



It's pretty simple to get started. All you need:

Tea tins
Potting Soil (I love Miracle Gro with Moisture Control Beads) or succulent and cacti soil.
Plants
A drill


Gather your containers!



This project is super simple. Seriously. Just drill some holes in the bottom of your tin/container of choice. 



Then gently coax your plants out of their containers. I centered them, and packed in dirt around the cacti and succulents. 

Viola! 





Happy Planting!

No comments:

Post a Comment