Pages

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Recipe: pumpkin & chive biscuits

Via pinterest I can across the blog The Urban Poser, a blog dedicated to yoga and gluten free living. She makes a lot of paleo/vegitarian recipes that I have been dying to try. This morning I had a killer craving for carbs so I thought I would open my bag of Bob's Redmill Coconut Flour and cook up some pumpkin chive biscuits (originally called Pumpkin, Apple, Bacon and Chive Biscuit).

I didn't feel like adding apples, and I didn't have any bacon though I see now it could have definitely used the salty kick. Instead I added Parmesan cheese, and kosher salt.

The result was super moist and fluffy biscuits. They had a very fibrous texture, resembling cornmeal, but with some added butter the Husband enjoyed it. These were smaller biscuits but they were loaded with fiber (6-7 grams each!)

No comments:

Post a Comment