Pages

Monday, May 30, 2011

career shoes

Lately I have been on the prowl for shoes. Not just any shoes, but ones with presence and edge, and lets face it, career appeal. Most of my shoes are pretty casual and wouldn't pair well with either of my suits when I trollop off to an interview. Shoes say a lot about a person [other than hippie, or club hopper]. They ultimately define a how well an outfit is put together, and can be feminine and sexy without being over the top.

A good friend once told me, if you buy a good pair of shoes, they will make even a $7 shirt look expensive too. Case and point, her Clark's Indigo wedges paired with a Forever 21 shirt [nothing against Forever 21, I love disposable wear... I just never dispose of it.]

The other day I spied a pair of Aldo's in the June edition of Marie Claire. I love how spring/summer mags publish fall looks. You have to look ahead, but I have always been a fan of autumn anyway, the bulky knits and tailored slacks, suede boots, and leather jackets feed my soul.

Aldo's Santellan in Camel, seem to transcend the seasons (paired with a floral dress or skirt for the present Californian spring, or khakis and a bulky, lush sweater, for the chillier autumn).

Shoes really are a girls best friend; there is no shame in wanting a room full of them!


As far as booties go - I have never been a fan, but they are beginning to grow on me.

1) Clarks - Jungle Java in Navy
2) Clarks - Class Rose in Black Suede
3) Aldo - Fiorini in Black (but Camel is sexy too!)
4) Aldo - Santellan in Camel
5) Nine West - Sierra in Natural Leather
6) Nine West - Audrey in DK Natural Suede

No comments:

Post a Comment