Pages

Monday, March 17, 2014

Recipe: Gouda Quesadillas

The other day I made tortillas at home. I made them with the visions of grandeur that I would take one of my favorite grilled cheese recipes, and stuff it in a tortilla shell, and stuff my face with zero amount of shame.


Gouda Grilled Cheese was birthed after a night of copious amounts of wine,  a left over cheese platter and sour dough bread.


Whenever I had any leftover Gouda in the house  that made it to a Saturday or Sunday morning, I would make sure to have sourdough bread.  The assembly was simple - butter the outsides of two slices of sour dough bread, which are sandwiched around Gouda (reaaaaaal good Gouda).  Sear in a panini press until golden, crisp, and melty.

Ingredients:
Sourdough Bread or Tortillas
Gouda
Jam

Place your sliced Gouda into your tortilla. Fold in half (or top with another tortilla). Close your panini press, or flatten with your spatula on a hot griddle. Flip. Sear. Once golden and melty (and believe me you will have melty Gouda everywhere!) plate and spread with your favorite jam or preserves.

Then, spread the top with your favorite jam; mine being a seedy raspberry preserve. Lastly. Devour every last bite and leave no evidence behind.

Indulgent, but still on the lighter side. And an excellent breakfast!

Now take that thought process and apply it to tortillas. Mmmm Mmmm Mmmm!





No comments:

Post a Comment