Pages

Monday, July 1, 2013

Wine: Tobin James - FAT BOY

The last 2 weeks we have been busy busy busy - trying to get rooms ready to move my copious amounts of junk into. [I can admit its mine, the holiday decorations, itso storage cubes full of yarn and scrap book material, and of course, my excess of clothes. I am a woman who likes to nest, after all].


We have officially set up our wine fridge. I filled that puppy up, and plugged her in. As dinner was boiling away on the stove, I opened a bottle of red - room temperature is the best serving, right? No need to be chilled!

Tobin James Fat Boy Zin was the lucky little fellow to be picked.

Only a few cases of this wine are bottled in this particular style, reads the label. The grapes are cultivated from 50 year-or-older vines. "FATBOY is like the best friend you had as a kid, big, brash, and maybe slightly obnoxious, but always well loved!" Well said Tobin, well said.

This is definitely a robust zin. Jammy. Velvety mouth-feel. I love Zin's, especially jammy zins. But this had a nice little kick to it. Not quite a tannin tang but definitely a punch on the first taste with a dry and smooth finish its a gorgeous deep dark color, no opacity. Full on red, red , red.

Wine's are totally like romance. You have to be in the mood for the type - fun, light, and flirty; Moscato, Reisling, Rose. Mischeivious; Syrahs and Pinot Noirs. Dangerous and seductive; Zinfindels and Barberas. Full blown drama: Cabs, Merlots, Sangioveses. (I think I am having gossip girl withdrawals as we have watched no TV for the last two weeks, including Netflix  ).

But I digress.

Tobin James Fat Boy: find it if you want a rockin' Zin that bites back.



No comments:

Post a Comment