Pages

Monday, February 25, 2013

Recipe: Home Made Bread (Pizza & Buns!)

Lately I have been making this bread that has been driving my husband wild.

Who knew good bread, really good bread, could make a man moan?

Recipe:
6 1/2 cups flour
1 packet yeast
2 3/4 cup warm water
1 tablespoon kosher salt
1 1/2 tablespoon sugar
1/4 cup olive oil
(Disregard the Starbucks and Chocolate Tea in the background)

Let the yeast activate in the warm water for 2-4 minutes (I do this in my kitchen-aid mix master with the paddle attachment). Add sugar, salt, and olive oil. Gradually mix in flour.

Once combined, cover with plastic wrap and let rise for about 2 hours. Then you can divide it into 4ths and make 4 pizzas or four loafs of bread:

Or you can make super delicious MOZZARELLA FILLED BUNS, gently brushed with olive oil, and topped with shredded cheese and oregano:


 Check out that cheesy center:

The way to my heart is certainly through my stomach and this is definitely the comfort food the Husband and I have been needing lately.
***I bake ALL of the aboved items (Bread, Pizza, Buns) for 20 minutes or until golden and delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment