Pages

Thursday, January 3, 2013

So This is the New Year


Happy New Year, fellow Vinos! 2012 went by in a flash.

The Husband and I rang in 2013 with family and friends, cake shots [Frangelico & Vanilla Stoli] and beer [Blue Moon Winter Abbey, Dos Equis, Blue Moon Harvest] , Chicken wings, Meatballs and Rum Cake.

Cuz when you're gonna party, you are gonna party, right?

The greatest part is I didn't fall asleep [with my mouth open] before everyone else!

Resolutions for the new year:

1) Run more. I started running in 2012. I have never really been active beyond occasional yoga or pilates, and it has been a challenge but a worthy challenge that has proved to show differences in my body and increased stamina when I have maintained the effort. My goal was to run 200 miles this year, and I was 20 miles short so for 2013 I am shooting for 220 miles (or reaching 400 miles by Dec. 31, 2013). [apps I recommend - Nike+]


2) Learn more about Wine. For Christmas, I was given a Wine Encyclopedia. I want to focus regions & varietals, as well as pairings [Pair Saavy]


3) Read More.  Whether is is books or articles, reading for at least 20 minutes a day on some non work related, fiction or non-fiction goodness. Gotta exercise that brain! [apps I recommend - Overdrive (ebook library app), Zite, BlogLovin, and of course the Kindle App :)]



What are some things you resolve to do in 2013? Goals, resolutions, whims?

Salute!












No comments:

Post a Comment