Pages

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Wine: Nimble Hill Niagara

The other night we opened one of the bottles of wine gifted to us at out East Coast Reception. Its produced by a local winery near my in-laws home in Pennsylvania. This is the first Niagara variety I have sampled, as the region this variety is grown is the PA, NY, OH, WA, & MI. No, not a California wine, but I am not wine-biased. I am wine-obsessed.

I was pleased with the light sweet notes, very apricot in flavor, with a touch of acidity. It did remind me of a moscato, but with tons of apricot juicy-ness.

A nice, sweet summer wine, to enjoy with fruit, cheese (Manchego? Yes please!) however I paired with with conchigle pasta , crisped in olive oil and coated with toasted bread crumbs and Parmesan, then smothered in melted butter and ricotta.

No comments:

Post a Comment