Pages

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Recipe: Hot Chocolate Mix

Don't judge me. I know VERY WELL that it is spring in most of the US.

Minnesota has not quite gotten the memo; this May is similar to last May; Rain Rain RAIN.

While I am thankful for no snow, I can't help but find my birth month super depressing here. The weather here is California's March. May should be sunshine-y, warm, and barbecue-y.


But when the weather is doom and gloom outside, it calls for some happy things to occur inside. Like Hot Chocolate.

I call it cocoa. You call it hot chocolate. Or whatever. It's all the same. Hot, chocolaty, and delicious.

Ingredients:
1 cup cocoa Powder (the higher quality, the BETTER the cocoa)
3/4 c sugar
1/3 cup finely shopped dark chocolate
6 1/2 tablespoons powdered milk


To make 1 serving:

Heat 8 oz Milk, or any milk substitute of your choice I usually stock Almond Milk in my home.

Place 3 spoonfuls of your mix in the bottom of your mug. Once milk is heated, add to mug and stir stir stir.

This is perfection in a cup! The chopped chocolate adds a whole new depth of chocolate favor to the cocoa mix. You can rest assured you are trans fat free too, as most store bought mixes sneak that ingredient in there.

Add Chile powder, or cinnamon for a spiced blend.

And enjoy the warmth of your home because it's 40 degrees outside and raining for 4 days at a time.


Salute!

No comments:

Post a Comment