Pages

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Recipe: Coconut Ice cream with Amaretto & Cookie Dough

The husband has found a new love for cookie dough icecream. He has been a vanilla lover all his life and doesn't open up to change in the taste bud department.


But what does he dislike about Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream? The chocolate part. 

So I took it upon myself to find an eggless cookie dough recipe that would quench his hungry need for doughy, sugary bites mixed into his icecream. 


I have an insatiable sweet tooth. I have ice cream or chocolate every night after dinner. I just do. A couple of peaces of rich dark chocolate. Two scoops (a serving size) of real ice cream or gelato (vs sugar loaded lighter counterparts) sends me to slumberland.

Making ice cream is hard. Half of it is getting the right texture. If it doesn't taste and feel the way you know ice cream should, you aren't going to eat it. And then it's a waste. And after you spent all that time and effort, you surely want to eat it.

So when I stumbled upon a coconut milk recipe I had to see how coconut fared versus all my failed attempts at dairy milk ice cream. (Coconut Caramel Ice Cream by BigGirlsSmallKitchen). 

Texture wise, it was great. I adapted the recipe from 6 eggs, to 3 eggs with a tablespoon of cornstarch, beat together and then tempered in. I topped it off with a shot or two f Amaretto Liquor.

Now enter the cookie dough balls by Bakerella. These are addictive, delicious, and actually the base of a cookie dough pop recipe. Eggless, did I mention eggless? Yes.

We are definitely taking Ice Cream to the Next Level in this household.


No comments:

Post a Comment